SOAP Client not working under Xampp 1.6.7 on Vista

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

SOAP Client not working under Xampp 1.6.7 on Vista

Postby brynp » 25. November 2008 03:55

I am getting "failed to load external entity" when initialising a soap client against a WSDL that is known to be working. This code works under Linux.

I'm told by others that they have never been able to get SOAP client working on a windows platform.

Is that correct ?

I have looked in php.ini and php5.ini, and found that the sectionextension=php_soap.dll is NOT commented out (active in both), and the file is present on the system. So it should be working right ?

Is there a way to get it working ?

Many Thanks,
:)
brynp

Postby Sharley » 26. November 2008 04:36

The php.ini file to check is always the one in the apache\bin folder.

Check in phpinfo() from http://localhost that SOAP is indeed included and also the Loaded Configuration File is the one in the apache\bin folder.

C:\xampp\php\pear\SOAP is included in XAMPP.

It should run in Windows environment as that is it's basic intension as a Simple Object Access Protocol.

Check and double check your paths are correct as this is often the main stumbling block with scripts that fail.

This post gives links to a forum that may be more help perhaps:
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopi ... 798#106798

If you do find you can get it working for your needs then a post back with how you did it so other members searching with similar issues could perhaps also benefit from your experiences and would be a great forum helper.
Thanks.
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby brynp » 26. November 2008 05:12

Many Thanks Sharley for your prompt response, it was very helpful.

I have established that SOAP is installed and operational using the phpinfo() utility.

I have also established that the exact same code that does not work under Vista/Xampp/Apache DOES work under Linux/PHP/Apache without alteration (I just copied the code up from my unit test environment to the staging server).

I have also established that the URL for the web service elicits as reponse via a WSDL on my browser.
About the only thing a bit unusual is that the call to the web service uses HTTPS, and I found it necessary to install a root certificate to have IE display the page without warning me.
Does PHP/Soap client use Internet Explorer/Vista's certificate store or do I have to somehow install the certificate to PHP as well ?
Anyway, I'll do as you suggest and run off and check that other forum.

Cheer and thanks again.
brynp

Return to XAMPP for Windows