Adding new PECL libraries to XAMPP for windows.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Adding new PECL libraries to XAMPP for windows.

Postby elwizard » 19. November 2008 11:32

I'm sorry if i'm too newbe, but i'm trying to add memcached from (http://pecl4win.php.net/list.php nr 54 -php_memcache.dll) library to XAMPP. I'm trying to modify php.ini (by adding extension=php_memcache.dll) in order to include this library but that seems not to have any effect (i take a look to phpinfo and memcached isn't included).
My questions are:
Which php*.ini do i have to modify for include it?
Does this library work with XAMPP?
If i'm doing something wrong, how can I do it?
My current version is ApacheFriends XAMPP (basic package) version 1.6.6, with:
Apache 2.2.8
MySQL 5.0.51
PHP 5.2.5 + PHP 4.4.8 rc2 dev + PEAR
Thanks in advance.
elwizard

Re: Adding new PECL libraries to XAMPP for windows.

Postby Sharley » 19. November 2008 11:44

elwizard wrote:...My questions are:
Which php*.ini do i have to modify for include it?
Does this library work with XAMPP?
If i'm doing something wrong, how can I do it?

Your phpinfo() will tell which Configuration file is being used - normally in XAMPP it uses the php.ini file in .\xampp\apache\bin folder.

Uncomment the ;extension=php_memcache.dll in the php.ini file and the extensions are stored in the .\xampp\php\ext folder.

I don't use memcache, no need for it in my development environment, but I am sure you will soon find out if it works for you or not.

BTW don't you also have to download memcache or some such thing for the dll to connect to?

Unless we know what you are doing wrong we could not help you to do what ever it is you are doing wrong the right way. ;)
Sharley
AF Moderator

Operating System: Win 7 Pro 32bit/XP Pro SP3

Postby elwizard » 19. November 2008 12:03

WOW! Now it works. I found where was the problem.
The problem was that my php_memcache.dll file was in xampp\php\extensions folder, not in xampp\php\ext folder. I already downloaded from the url the dll file and uncomment the extension for memcached.
I added the dll file in ext\ folder and after reinit my computer. Now it works perfect. Thank you so much for your help.
elwizard

Return to XAMPP for Windows