Is there problems with 1.6.7 because :- & ???

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Is there problems with 1.6.7 because :- & ???

Postby w4vy » 15. August 2008 02:17

Hello there everyone :) I was just wondering if it was possable to uninstall xampp 1.6.7 back to 1.6.6 becasue ever since I upgraded I find that I cannot access anything from localhost or the net from time to time! and by time to time I mean every half hour it stops working for a minute or two and also when it is working and say I or someone clicks a link in my forum an error message opens saying apache has failed blah blah blah and will be shut down. It doesn't actually shutdown though, either that or its loading back up again as soon as it errors. So can someone from admin or someone who knows how please tell me the best way to go back to 1.6.6 or if anyone has had no problems with the new build should I maybe delete the lot and reinstall from fresh ? I should first back up htdocs and mysql db's I know, I just want it running how it was before I upgraded :(

Regards, w4vy
w4vy

Postby sckoh » 15. August 2008 04:23

sckoh

Postby w4vy » 15. August 2008 05:10

Thanks Sckoh but I read your post the day you posted it and made the edit accordingly. However <? is just short tag for <?php I beleive so I don't think that is the cause to my problem. hmm what to do , what to doooooooooo. Is it just as simple as running the uninstaller and reinstalling xampp again from fresh ? I upgraded with the upgrader installer so not sure about uninstalling.

Regards, w4vy :)
w4vy

Postby sckoh » 15. August 2008 11:18

You may be right.

Please pay attention that there was no space!
Code: Select all
<?include("lang/".file_get_contents("lang.tmp").".php"); ?>

Anyway, php experts recommend not to use short tags, which makes it very much unstable.
sckoh

Postby w4vy » 23. August 2008 06:21

half the problem is fixed it was my mistake why Localhost stopped working as I had changed the Listen Directive in the httpd.conf file from Listen 127.0.0.1:80 to Listen 192.168.0.2:80 which caused Localhost to stop working. Now though I have set the Listen Directive to Listen *:80 Jobs a good un :) Now though I just have to find out why when I or someone on my forum clicks on say the members link apache crashes and restarts. It didn't do this when it was 1.6.6 :( Any ideas ?

Regards, w4vy
w4vy

Return to XAMPP for Windows