Error msg: XAMPP Win32 not found. Unable to get install path

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Error msg: XAMPP Win32 not found. Unable to get install path

Postby Brigham » 21. July 2008 11:30

Hi, i have downloaded the installer version of XAMPP for Windows. My OS is Windows Vista. I get this error message "XAMPP Win32 not found. Unable to get install path". Does anyone have any recommendations on what i need to do? I am a web designer so not so technically minded, so i need a really simple explanation. Thanks
Brigham

Postby onlyconnect » 21. July 2008 14:49

Personally I suggest using the self-extracting exe. Extract into c:\xampp making sure it is top level (ie no xampp sub-directory). I've done this on Vista and it works well.

Tim
onlyconnect

Postby shadow21 » 21. July 2008 14:55

Sound like a vista issue.

Vista is a pain in the neck for installing applications sometimes due to Microsoft trying to make it so secure..and permissions locked down.

Like connect says, make sure u dont install into c:\program files as sometimes vista is a pain.

If u still struggle and need to get this up and running, try xp its a lot easier.
shadow21

Postby admindell » 21. July 2008 22:44

i had this same problem

you MUST use the full version to install add-ons

also, remember to install to c:\xampp or d:\whatever

but NOT c:\program files
I am creating a web admin panel for windoes xampp!

its called xDPanel.
the home page i have created can be found here. and please note that it is still under construction!
admindell

Postby Brigham » 22. July 2008 01:48

hey, thanks heaps for your replies. i really appreciate it. I feel very embarrassed because 10 hour later i worked out that i was trying to install the add-ons and not the full thing. OK so when i finally downloaded the right thing (1:30am in the morning), i installed it and I am once again happy! Thanks very much to you all!
Brigham

Postby admindell » 22. July 2008 02:04

Brigham wrote:hey, thanks heaps for your replies. i really appreciate it. I feel very embarrassed because 10 hour later i worked out that i was trying to install the add-ons and not the full thing. OK so when i finally downloaded the right thing (1:30am in the morning), i installed it and I am once again happy! Thanks very much to you all!

lol

well it would help to install the right thing :P
I am creating a web admin panel for windoes xampp!

its called xDPanel.
the home page i have created can be found here. and please note that it is still under construction!
admindell

Return to XAMPP for Windows