Apache started, but not working

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Apache started, but not working

Postby misfit » 21. July 2008 09:59

Have installed the XAMPP 1.6.7. The apache started without errors (checked error.log) and running ok (checked netstat). Skype is not using 80 port, Windows Firewall has been turned off. But if i type 127.0.0.1 or localhost or my machine IP - the browser says - page cannot be found. Tried to connect via telnet to the 80 port - the apache does not answer.
Tried to change the port in httpd.conf to 5555 - the same problem. Was starting the apache as application and as service.
Using Windows XP SP2, connected to the domain. Tried to log off the domain and connect via standart user - the same problem. Tried to use the old versions of XAMPP - the same.
Have no idea, what could be the problem. Maybe you could help me ? :(
misfit

Postby LooseCannon » 21. July 2008 10:42

Hello and welcome misfit.

Skype might not be using port 80, but is it running? I believe it's a kind of web server itself and can cause problems.

I can't add anything else to what you've already tried. :?
LooseCannon

Postby misfit » 21. July 2008 11:01

Tried to close skype - the same. But as i said, i was changing the Apache port to 5555, and the problem stil persists, so this is not the skype problem :(
misfit

Postby LooseCannon » 21. July 2008 11:52

So Apache is running and trying to serve a page, but can't find it...

Have you tried loading a different page? Say, create a simple text file called test.html and put it in C:\xampp\htdocs, which is the default DocumentRoot. In the browser type: http://localhost/test.html and see if it loads.

If it does, then maybe the two default index pages [.php and .html] in C:\xampp\htdocs aren't there or the installation's corrupted. If it doesn't, hmmm, let's hope someone else has some ideas.
LooseCannon

Postby misfit » 21. July 2008 13:13

Tried different pages, tried to delete the entire content of htdocs...
misfit

Return to XAMPP for Windows