XAMPP control panel

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP control panel

Postby onlyconnect » 18. July 2008 10:44

I needed to change the port in Apache and noticed that the control panel does not really reflect that. Apache still runs (from the batch file) but the message and more important the admin button still goes to port 80.

Investigating this, I discovered that the control panel does parse an ini file if present, which includes a port setting, but the effect is only cosmetic.

I found the source code and downloaded it. I've actually made a small change so that the admin button works with different ports, but only for Apache at the moment. Can I suggest:

- that the control panel is modified to respect different ports
- that the ini file is included in the distribution as otherwise users don't know it is supported

Alternatively, maybe there are good reasons why the control panel does not properly support different ports?

Tim
onlyconnect

Re: XAMPP control panel

Postby GerardoPG » 18. July 2008 17:30

onlyconnect wrote:I needed to change the port in Apache and noticed that the control panel does not really reflect that. Apache still runs (from the batch file) but the message and more important the admin button still goes to port 80.

Investigating this, I discovered that the control panel does parse an ini file if present, which includes a port setting, but the effect is only cosmetic.

I found the source code and downloaded it. I've actually made a small change so that the admin button works with different ports, but only for Apache at the moment. Can I suggest:

- that the control panel is modified to respect different ports
- that the ini file is included in the distribution as otherwise users don't know it is supported

Alternatively, maybe there are good reasons why the control panel does not properly support different ports?

Tim

Hi,
I'm having the same problem. Do have a solution that you want to share?

Thanks!
Gerardo.
GerardoPG

Postby onlyconnect » 19. July 2008 09:37

Sure, you can try my build if you like:

http://www.itwriting.com/xampp-control.zip

Set the Apache port in XAMPP.INI.

Tim
onlyconnect

Return to XAMPP for Windows