Is this Maximum execution time problem or not ?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Is this Maximum execution time problem or not ?

Postby johnw » 14. July 2008 10:27

Hello,

Running latest xampp.
I installed a link script and im importing links into its database.
The import list can be big....

so now i get:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 500 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\links\data\mysqli.php on line 17

My settings are in php.ini:


max_execution_time = 1200 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 600 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (16MB)


A bit high....i know..

but why do i get this error ..?,as i didnt expected it...
johnw
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 11. October 2007 21:20

Postby Milligan » 14. July 2008 10:54

Last edited by Milligan on 17. July 2008 04:23, edited 1 time in total.
Milligan
 
Posts: 136
Joined: 03. March 2008 06:23

Postby johnw » 14. July 2008 13:51

hello, yes i did edited the correct php.ini file..,and if the script itself has a limit somewhere then i dont know about it....but that would be weird...huh?
I checked my settings and it shows :max_execution_time 600
so im confused....i have that set to 1200 , so why the 600 ?
johnw
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 11. October 2007 21:20

Postby Milligan » 14. July 2008 15:07

Last edited by Milligan on 17. July 2008 04:24, edited 1 time in total.
Milligan
 
Posts: 136
Joined: 03. March 2008 06:23

Postby johnw » 14. July 2008 15:16

Which settings are you checking?


i mean the settings in \xampp\apache\bin\php.ini

What php.ini file does it say you are using in the phpinfo() file display that you link to from the XAMPP Welcome page at http://localhost?


What it says is: Loaded Configuration File C:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini

If you set 1200 in the correct php.ini file and you don't have another php.ini file somewhere, then that figure of 1200 should be displayed in the phpinfo() file.


But still it shows: max_execution_time 600

Have you more than one instance of php on your PC?


NO..i only have xampp installed,nothing more

Have you ever had another server or another program that used it's own php on your PC, apart from the one that comes with XAMPP that is?


NO
Do you have another php.ini file, perhaps in your Windows directory?


Does this help ?
johnw
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 11. October 2007 21:20

Postby Milligan » 14. July 2008 15:19

Last edited by Milligan on 17. July 2008 04:25, edited 1 time in total.
Milligan
 
Posts: 136
Joined: 03. March 2008 06:23

Postby johnw » 14. July 2008 16:29

Well you dont have to get rude...
I gave you an answer to all your questions as i quoted them...
sure i cleaned cache of my browser...

And whats weird is that ive set the max execution time to 100 , and even after cleaning etc.....it still shows 600.
johnw
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 11. October 2007 21:20

Postby sari42 » 14. July 2008 20:21

forgive me to ask a stupid question:
did you restart your web server after changing your php.ini?
sari42
 
Posts: 800
Joined: 27. November 2005 18:28

Postby johnw » 14. July 2008 20:43

lol....
yes i did...several times.....cleaned browser cache.....everything...
johnw
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 11. October 2007 21:20

Postby johnw » 14. July 2008 20:56

and now it actualy shows 1200 :twisted:
1 day later...
johnw
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 11. October 2007 21:20

Postby johnw » 14. July 2008 21:25

but still get ..

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 500 seconds exceeded

this realy sucks.
johnw
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 11. October 2007 21:20

Postby Nobbie » 14. July 2008 22:30

Execution time may be set by php.ini, but may be overridden by .htaccess file (per folder) and/or by any script on execution.

You should show us:

1) A full output of what "phpinfo" says.
2) A full source code of the script which causes the error
3) A full listing of the directory which holds the script (i.e. "ls -la" in Linux shell)
4) A full source code of .htaccess (if there is any)
Nobbie
 
Posts: 8759
Joined: 09. March 2008 13:04

Postby johnw » 14. July 2008 23:34

well i found the problem ..
as i was importing i never thought or atleast expected that they would put a mx time in there.
as i did a search with filelocator with the key "500" i received some results and one of them was the importer.
ive set that to 1 hour...
and import worked.. 8)
but files are only getting bigger.. :(
largest one is 11mb , so i guess setting it to 2 or 3 hours should do the trick i hope..
johnw
 
Posts: 16
Joined: 11. October 2007 21:20

Postby Nobbie » 15. July 2008 11:49

johnw wrote: so i guess setting it to 2 or 3 hours should do the trick i hope..


Simply set it to 0 - that means in no limit for execution. From http://de.php.net/manual/en/function.set-time-limit.php

The maximum execution time, in seconds. If set to zero, no time limit is imposed.
Nobbie
 
Posts: 8759
Joined: 09. March 2008 13:04

Postby sari42 » 15. July 2008 12:03

pma is not the best tool to import large dumps.
try the console or (if that's not an option)
http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump.php or
http://mysqldumper.de/en/

p.s.
the pma devels are working on speeding up imports,
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=377408
you could try the latest pma 3.0 from svn "trunk" or a snapshot

HTH
sari42
 
Posts: 800
Joined: 27. November 2005 18:28

Next

Return to XAMPP for Windows

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests