PhpBB and errors with mySQL

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PhpBB and errors with mySQL

Postby biztastic » 08. July 2008 08:33

I installed XAMPP and it works AWESOME! it's the furthest I've gotten with a WAMP setup since I kept getting error 403 trying to access PHP setting it up all manual. Anyways, I tried to install PhpBB and it wants to know host names and passwords and stuff to install, I don't know where to look for this info. Anyone help me out ^^ Sorry if it's in the manual or on the forums but seriously, it'd take me 300 years to find it there's so much documentation.

Also when I click "Admin" for MySQl I get "Access violation at address 10009F40 in module 'LIBMYSQL.dll'. Read of address violation 00000000" and it just keeps popping that error up every few seconds spamming my window.

==Edit==
Ok I found the databases in phpMyAdmin but still not sure which one I tell the phpbb to use ... mysql? and what the username and password is for it.

==second edit==
I found where to set the password for localhost and did so, but now phpMyAdmin says "phpMyAdmin tried to connect to the MySQL server, and the server rejected the connection. You should check the host, username and password in your configuration and make sure that they correspond to the information given by the administrator of the MySQL server" and won't let me do anything
== third edit ==
Good news: the password and stuff worked for my phpbb
Bad news: I can no longer access phpMyAdmin as it says the error above in second edit.
biztastic

Return to XAMPP for Windows