PHP form submission config help.

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

PHP form submission config help.

Postby tomnuff » 02. July 2008 06:20

I created a flash form that will process text fields in flash to a php file to send and recieve email. I have xampp installed and am hosting my site with no problems. I've been reading the FAQ's about PHP and where to place my php files. According to the documentation any PHP file I have must reside in the htdocs folder where my site files are. My PHP form does not process my submission. Is there something I'm missing? I have used this form many times on yahoo and other web services so I know the code works. Is there something I have to check to ensure that PHP is working? I looked at the localhost/xampp/phpinfo.php and this page comes up fine. I even pulled up the old index.php and that comes up fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advanced.
tomnuff

Postby Milligan » 02. July 2008 07:23

Last edited by Milligan on 17. July 2008 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
Milligan

Postby tomnuff » 02. July 2008 15:24

Thanks for the reply and giving me somewhere to start. I will post back my findings

:D

Tomnuff
tomnuff

Postby tomnuff » 09. July 2008 18:49

Ok,
I have configured my php.ini but still can't send mail

[mail function]
; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.your_isp.com
smtp_port = 25

uncomment the sendmail_from line and add your email address.
; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = you@your_isp.com

This is where i'm getting confused. I have a seperate mailform.php file that is located in my htdocs folder. My form on my site calls up the mailform.php file to do the sending and recieving.

The php.ini file your speaking of that I modified is in the /bin directory.

Do I need to put the php file in the same directory as the php.ini file or do I need to tweak the php.ini for work with my form?

Thanks.
tomnuff

Return to XAMPP for Windows