XAMPP and NaturalDocs

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP and NaturalDocs

Postby stephenbungert » 19. June 2008 20:50

Hi,

I'm trying to get NaturalDocs (http://www.naturaldocs.org/) to compile documentation for my project.

It requires perl. I have the full version of XAMPP which I believe comes with perl.

When I try and create the documentation by calling NaturalDocs I get the following error in my Text Editor:

Code: Select all
Can't locate strict.pm in @INC (@INC contains: .) at C:\NaturalDocs\NaturalDocs line 61.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:\NaturalDocs\NaturalDocs line 61.

Here is the contents of the .bat file I call:

Code: Select all
@echo off

set NaturalDocsParams=

rem Shift and loop so we can get more than nine parameters.
rem This is especially important if we have spaces in file names.

:MORE
if "%1"=="" goto NOMORE
set NaturalDocsParams=%NaturalDocsParams% %1
shift
goto MORE
:NOMORE

C:\xampp\perl\bin\perl.exe C:\NaturalDocs\NaturalDocs %NaturalDocsParams%

set NaturalDocsParams=

I have asked the programmer of NaturalDocs about this, and he says that maybe perl is out of date. I never used perl before and don't know much about it, could this be the case?

I have XAMPP (basic package) version 1.6.4.

Is there anything I can do to get this to work? Has anyone here experience of using both XAMPP and NaturalDocs? I tried using it first on a usb stick with XAMPP lite installed by extracting the files from the zip file (like portableapps described). But at home I installed xampp so I didn't think I would have the same problems. Maybe it has soemthing to do with the way XAMPP sets things up?
stephenbungert

Return to XAMPP for Windows