Okay, I resolved this... kind of. Basically, inside of my PHP application where I call the library, I was pointing to the actual dll inside of /php/ext/ ... this is what several people were telling me to do from other forums. I was finally able to get my code to work by simply instally ImageMagic to my xampp folder and then pointing to that folder.
I am using codeigniter which has an imagemanipulation class and, when you call that class, you have to point to the location of the image library you are using.
After uncommenting the extension inside of the php.ini file, I downloaded the ImageMagick Q16 dll from here... http://valokuva.org/?page_id=50
I dropped it into the folder xampp/php/ext
Then, I installed ImageMagick to xampp using the binary Q16 dll installation from here... http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binar ... hp#windows
I restarted xampp.
Then, inside of my CodeIgniter application code I set the library_path like so...
// Config to resize
$config['image_library'] = 'imagemagick';
$config['library_path'] = '/xampp/ImageMagick-6.4.1-Q16';
Obviously, if you're not using CodeIgniter, it's going to be a little different for you, but I wanted to share what I did. You can see my read my forum post at the CodeIgniter forum here...
One final note... when I restart xampp, I still get a couple of error alerts, telling me ImageMagick can't locate some entry points. I googled the errors and it seems to be a known issue... that is supposedly fixed by later dll files, but I did not find that to be the case. That said, my app is still working... for now