XAMPP development mods I've made

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP development mods I've made

Postby rr1024 » 01. June 2008 06:08

They don't have file uploads here so I could not upload everything but if you want the complete mod just IM me
I do have a rar with all the files needed imagemagic bigdump and my custom index page
Code: Select all
##############################################################
## MOD ID   :      001
## MOD Title:      XAMPP for windows development mod
## MOD Vers :      XAMPP 1.6.6a
## MOD Auth :      rr1024 swingerstoswinger.com
## MOD Desc :      This mod can be used by those who use xampp at
##               away to create / develop code before porting it to a
##               server.
##
## MOD Version:    0.1
##
## Installation Level:   [Easy]
## Installation Time :   10 Minutes
## Files To Edit     :   (4)
##            /xampp/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php
##            /xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf
##            /xampp/apache/bin/php.ini
##            /xampp/mysql/bin/my.cnf
##
## Included Files:
##            /xampp/usr/private/.htaccess
##            /xampp/usr/private/index.php
##            /xampp/usr/private/dev/
##            /xampp/usr/private/php_imagick.dll
##            /xampp/usr/private/dev/MySql_Dump/bigdump.php
##
## Author Notes:
## _____________
##
## This are the update steps for the Version XAMPP 1.6.6a
## After completing this mod you can go to your admin panel and restart mysql and appache
## TO ACCESS THE XAMMP DIRECTORY GO TO http://localhost/?admin=1
## TO ACCESS THE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTORY I.E. DEV DIRECTORY GO TO http://localhost/
## _____________
##
## [ANY MOD NOTES HERE]
##
##
## MOD History:
##
##    2008-05-18 - 0.1
##        - First version released
##
## Before Adding This MOD, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD

#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#     [ OPEN ]
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

/xampp/phpMyAdmin/config.inc.php

#     [ FIND ]

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['designer_coords'] = 'pma_designer_coords';

#     [ AFTER, ADD ]

#MOD 001 XAMMP DEVELOPMENT BY RR1024
$cfg['LoginCookieValidity'] = 86400; # ALLOW YOU TO SET YOUR COOKIE TO 24HRS RATHER THAN 5 MIN

#     [ OPEN ] [ NOTE: THIS MOD ALLOWS MODE REWRITE TO WORK IN HTACCESS FILES ]

/xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf

#     [ FIND ]

#LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

#     [ REPLACE, WITH ]

LoadModule rewrite_module modules/mod_rewrite.so

#     [ OPEN ] [ NOTE: THIS MOD ALLOWS WINDOWS TO USE CASE SENSITIVE NAMES IN MYSQL AS NON-SQL SERVICE!]

/xampp/mysql/bin/my.cnf

#     [ FIND ]

[mysqld]
port= 3306
socket= "/xampp/mysql/mysql.sock"
basedir="/xampp/mysql"
tmpdir="/xampp/tmp"
datadir="/xampp/mysql/data"
skip-locking
key_buffer = 16M
max_allowed_packet = 1M
table_cache = 64
sort_buffer_size = 512K
net_buffer_length = 8K
read_buffer_size = 256K
read_rnd_buffer_size = 512K
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 8M

#     [ AFTER, ADD ]

lower_case_table_names = 2

#     [ OPEN ] [ THIS MOD FOR INSTALL OF IMAGE MAGIC ]

/xampp/apache/bin/php.ini

#     [ FIND ]

;extension=php_imagick.dll

#     [ REPLACE, WITH ]

;;MOD 001 XAMMP DEVELOPMENT BY RR1024
extension=php_imagick.dll

#     [ COPY FILE FROM ]

/xampp/usr/private/php_imagick.dll

#     [ COPY FILE TO ]

/xampp/php/ext/php_imagick.dll

#     [ DOWNLOAD ]

Choose http://www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php#windows
OR
http://www.imagemagick.org/download/binaries/ImageMagick-6.4.1-3-Q16-windows-dll.exe

#     [ INSTALL IMAGE MAGICK ]

INSTALL THIS IN YOUR NEW DIRECTORY
/xampp/usr/local/bin/ImageMagick-6.4.0-4-Q16/

THE REASON FOR INSTALL INTO THIS DIRECTORY IS BECAUSE MOST HOSTING COMPANIES USING LINUX AND
INSTALL IMAGE MAGIC AND MOST OTHER WEB ACCESS CODE TO /usr/local/bin/ THIS MAKES THE CHANGES
TO YOUR CODE EASIER IN MOST CASES BECAUSE ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS REMOVE ImageMagick-6.4.0-4-Q16/
FROM YOUR PATH STATEMENTS IN YOUR PHP CODE AND YOU ARE READY TO DUMP TO LINUX SERVER.

#     [ COPY ]

/xampp/usr/private/.htaccess
/xampp/usr/private/index.php
/xampp/usr/private/dev/

#     [ TO ]

/xampp/htdocs/

THE IDEA OF THIS MOD IS TO MAKE A QUICK SIMPLE SYSTEM TO CREATE / DEVELOPE SCRIPTS FOR YOUR
SITE. YOU WILL CREATE DIRECTORIES FOR NEW SCRIPTS IN /xampp/htdocs/dev/mynewscripts/
THE INDEX.PHP FILE IN THE DEV DIRECTORY WILL LIST ALL YOUR DIRECTORIES FOR YOU SO IF YOU HAVE
MANY PROJECTS AS I DO YOU CAN EASILY CHOOSE WHICH TO WORK ON.

ALSO NOTE YOU CAN COPY THE INDEX.PHP IN THE DEV DIRECTORY TO A SUB DIRECTORY FOR INSTANCE
SAY I HAVE THREE FORUMS I'M WORKING ON AT THE SAME TIME.
CREATE DIRECTORY
/xampp/htdocs/dev/forums/
copy
/xampp/htdocs/dev/index.php
to 
/xampp/htdocs/dev/forums/

create a directory for each forum script you are working on
/xampp/htdocs/dev/forums/phpbb/
/xampp/htdocs/dev/forums/simplemachines/
/xampp/htdocs/dev/forums/myforum/
easy quick navigation method! ;-)
# EoM