How to open application and Xampp at same time

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby MsKazza » 25. May 2008 13:58

Hi,

Is there some way that i can make an icon that will open up my web application and start Xampp at the same time.
Any help on this much appreciated.
Thanks
MsKazza :D
MsKazza

Postby liquidx » 25. May 2008 15:51

why would u want to do that in the 1st place?

i believe it is wiser if u turn on the xampp's services as the computer starts (as services) so it will already running by the time u want to open ur application.

my 3 cents opinion
liquidx

Re: How to open application and Xampp at same time

Postby ifokkema » 26. May 2008 08:26

MsKazza wrote:Is there some way that i can make an icon that will open up my web application and start Xampp at the same time.

Definitely. I did it last week, for a GPL project that I packaged with XAMPP. A .bat file starts up the XAMPP processes (Apache, MySQL, Mercury) and then starts up the browser. Afterwards, it closes everything again. I also had to make small modifications to the xampp startup scripts, though. If you want to look at the whole process, you can download the CD from www.lovd.nl or I could just send you the .bat files.
HTH
Ivo
ifokkema

Postby MsKazza » 04. June 2008 13:19

thanks for that reply, i am developing an app for a client and want to run an intranet on their systems, so i want them just to be able to click one button instead of having to start up server and then go to their intranet.

If you could send me the .bat files that would be great, and perhaps a small explanation if i need to change anything. Email is karenliddy[at]gmail.com

Thanks so much for your help, very much appreciated.

:)

MsKazza
MsKazza

Postby ifokkema » 04. June 2008 14:30

It's in the mail! :)
ifokkema

Return to XAMPP for Windows