Install Mercury as a service?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Install Mercury as a service?

Postby ifokkema » 14. May 2008 13:07

Hi guys,

Is it possible to have Mercury start as a service also, just like Apache and MySQL? I want to create a .bat file that starts up everything and makes XAMPP ready for continuous uninterrupted use.
My .bat file now installs Apache and MySQL as a service and starts up the browser. But I would like to make use of the Mercury SMTP server to have my PHP project be able to send mails out, also.

Alternatively, would there be a way to have some file just start all processes together? Apache, MySQL and Mercury? When my .bat file starts up Apache, it's just sitting there waiting for Apache to close, so that it can't continue to start MySQL, too.

Thanks in advance,

Ivo
ifokkema

Re: Install Mercury as a service?

Postby ifokkema » 14. May 2008 15:18

ifokkema wrote:Alternatively, would there be a way to have some file just start all processes together? Apache, MySQL and Mercury? When my .bat file starts up Apache, it's just sitting there waiting for Apache to close, so that it can't continue to start MySQL, too.

Ah! Solved that using the START command... That allows me to call another .bat file without having to wait for it to finish... :D
Thanks, though...
Ivo
ifokkema

Return to XAMPP for Windows