storing images

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

storing images

Postby LittleB » 11. May 2008 13:36

Hello,

this is my first post here and iam not very sure if this where it goes. so forgive me if it's the wrong place.

I have a problem with storing images in my database so I started searching the web. It seems like everybody is with storing the link of the image rather than storing the image itself in the database.

I dont know if my case is different, I am designing a website with which people fill in a form and submit their images (as part of the application). Isn't it better to store the image itself rather than the url since images will be at a remote location :?:

I have used longBLOB and it seems to store the image as a string of numbers but I am not sure how to retrieve the image as an image not numbers.

How do I go about it? Can anybody help?

Thank you
LittleB

Re: storing images

Postby Nobbie » 11. May 2008 16:11

LittleB wrote:I have used longBLOB and it seems to store the image as a string of numbers

Why do you think so and what do you mean by that? And how do you store the image into the database? Can you show us your code?
Nobbie

Return to XAMPP for Windows