Localhost forwards to localhost.com, 127.0.0.1 works

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Localhost forwards to localhost.com, 127.0.0.1 works

Postby nedloh312 » 06. April 2008 05:30

Herrow!

I was using XAMPP one day then i restarted computer and localhost wouldn't work but 127.0.0.1 does, i decided to format as i was planning to do it any way and i had it all set up like new, i tried localhost again but it wouldn't work! I have tried a few WAMP packages and none have worked BUT I then enabled IIS7 which did work. I don't want to use IIS as i would have to configure allot and it's not the same as XAMPP.

I am using Vista Ultimate (And have even when it was working) and have tried changing hosts file (To no avail), tried different browsers. The next thing i plan on doing is enabling a loop back adapter but i don't wanna go through that all for a temporary fix. This obviously has absolutely baffled me as i have fixed previous XAMPP problems without hassle
nedloh312

Postby nedloh312 » 06. April 2008 05:54

Aha! I have fixed it :D

For reference all, i pinged localhost and got a response from ::1, i checked my hosts file and sure enough, just after 127.0.0.1 localhost there was ::1 localhost. I removed this line and saved the host file and it now works ;)
nedloh312

Return to XAMPP for Windows