Access Violation at address - WinXP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Access Violation at address - WinXP

Postby martcol » 28. March 2008 08:38

In Apache Control Panel App if I click on Admin for MySql WindowsXP Pro does not like it. I get this error:

Access Violation at address 10002593 in Module LIBMYSQL.dll. Read of address 000000000

If I clik OK or close it it happens again indefinately. I can only stop it by using TaskManager and ending the process winmysqladmin.exe

I also seem to have trouble setting up and understanding passwords. Can anyone direct me to some guidance on passwords?

Thanks

Martin.

All I want to do is set up a development area on my local pc. I am a novice user
martcol

Postby wanttoshop » 28. March 2008 13:21

I had this happen to me. There may be an easyer way to fix it but heres what I did.

http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=28369

George
wanttoshop

Postby martcol » 28. March 2008 15:40

Thanks for that George.

Here's what you put in that previous thread.

wanttoshop wrote:Problem Solved. Seems when friend reinstalled xampp that windows remembers the passwords. And he didnt. I kept clicking on the My.iniSetup in the control panel between warnings and added:

user=myusername
password=my password
user=root
password=root password

Then clicked save modification. Then in phpmyadmin I had to reload privaliges.

George

I am sorry but, even that is too tricky for me! Is there another way around this or can you be a bit more explicit about where and when I do what you did?

Thanks

Martin

I actually have XAMP up and running now and am busy learning to wordpress. It's more fun that installing Apache! I just had a look in XAMPP Control Panel again and if I click on Admin for MySQL off it goes again and I have to use control panel (WinXP Pro) to end the proccess. That's very scary for me.
martcol

Postby martcol » 29. March 2008 08:33

Please help me with this. I now notice that it happens every time I start my PC. I admit that I had several installs, uninstalls and reinstalls of WAMPs
martcol

Return to XAMPP for Windows