localhost problem..

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

localhost problem..

Postby tatin0 » 25. March 2008 11:51

hey.. i was searching thru the forum, but i didnt find answer. im running on vista 32 home premium, ff 2.0.0.12, xampp 1.6.6.6a version. i tryed to instaled it. it said that the ports are currently in use. i type netstat -an but they wasnt.. i downloaded autoruns program,, i found that there is some older one apache on system, which installed couple of months ago. so i deleted that service. also mysql services. i shuted down skype.. instalation was fine, but again message, that apache ports are in use.. but in control panel i tick that check box to install apache as service,, it did, i started it. than. so now, everything is as service. apache, mysql, filezilla.. and everything is running.. BUT when i type to ff http://localhost/..... it doesnt take it.. for a while is searching, than it start to look at www.localhost.com (this is driving me mad :) ) and finished with no reply.. same ie7. don know what to do.. any help?? coz i really need it.. thanks a lot..

peter
tatin0

Postby dyrer » 26. March 2008 23:05

I have the same problem but only when i have an antivirus installed
I have win vista home premium
dyrer

Postby tatin0 » 27. March 2008 11:29

hi,, i have antivirus. eset nod 32.. but i installed opera and its working thru that.. so its done.. thanks anyway
tatin0

Return to XAMPP for Windows