Help access violation address 10002593 module libmysql.dll

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Help access violation address 10002593 module libmysql.dll

Postby rr1024 » 12. March 2008 03:12

everything was running ok then I rebooted my machine and now I get
WinMySQLAdmin 1.4 error windows pop up message

access violation address 10002593 module libmysql.dll. Read of address 00000000 with ok button. This would normally be fine but it's happing every 1/2 second or so so now just typing this message I've got 100 or so....Help

I have stop the servers and it for some reason was installed as service but I removed it as a service.....
rr1024

I've rebooted again

Postby rr1024 » 12. March 2008 03:22

Tried to pull up the the directroy and now explorer crashes on launch and I get 100's of these messages in a mater of a few mins......
rr1024

it had something to do with winadmin something

Postby rr1024 » 12. March 2008 03:35

it had something to do with winadmin something, it shows up as a stop light next to my time on windows tool bar.
I had to remove it as a service by using ctrl alt del ->processes then I found this admin something that was runing and I killed it it stoped the messages but how to I stop it from being loaded automatically like that

When I pull up XAMPP control panel application none of the src boxes are check but it seems it runs automatically anyway. So next time I reboot I'll have to go through the windows error message hell again....lol
rr1024

What ever this is it's injured explorer.exe

Postby rr1024 » 12. March 2008 03:38

What ever this is it's injured explorer.exe because every time I open it now it says explore.exe has generated errors and closes :(
rr1024

Postby rr1024 » 12. March 2008 05:21

Ok I found the process that is loading at windows boot is winmysqladmin.e

as soon as my machine boots i.e. win2kpro it loads that as a process and when I kill it the errors stop and go away.

I'm trying to figure out how to prevent it from loading as a process I though the control panel for XAMPP would do this but none of the check boxes are checked
rr1024

Postby rr1024 » 12. March 2008 05:38

I also went admin tools -> component services
I found MySQl service running and shut it down and turn it to manual mode but that was the only thing I found possibly related to the problem.

Any ideas how I can prevent this from running automatically

Now when I pulled up xampp control panel app guess what box was checked the MySQL for Svc and I un checked it but when I reboot it will be checked again.

So I'm going to try to just start fresh with new install

I'm wondering if deleting the deletable SQL data bases did this? but it doesn't make sence because that means the xampp would need SQL to run if it were to store the default config in the db...
rr1024

Postby dallen » 10. August 2008 06:06

I'm having same problem here, small stoplight icon and all. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled xampp. Earlier today I added a new database and then removed the zip version of xampp by deleting the xampp folder and all files. After that I used the installer version. Only thing different here is my explorer still works. If I figure out what's going on I will post it.

I just noticed this is an old post. Anyone figure this problem out?
dallen

Access Violation

Postby richardalan3 » 10. August 2008 23:00

Try this;

Open your XAMPP folder and look for readme_en.txt file.

Carry out the following instruction (Find it under MYSQL NOTES: (2))

To use MySQL as Service for NT / 2000 / XP, simply copy the "my" / "my.cnf" file to "C:\my", or "C:\my.cnf". Please note that this file has to be placed in C:\ (root), other locations are not permitted. Then execute the "mysql_installservice.bat" in the mysql folder.
richardalan3

Postby dallen » 10. August 2008 23:15

Hi richard,

Thanks for the reply.

I found a rather simple solution that worked for me. I found 'my.ini' in my Windows directory. I made the following changes:

change

user=root
password=password

to

user=root
password=

I don't know why it works but it did for me and a lot of others where I found the solution. Sorry but I can't find the link today to where I found the info.

Actually I just found another place that's in both Japanese (or maybe Chinese) and English with the same solution:
http://groups.google.com/group/hch-comp ... 37ec272888

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
dallen
dallen

need suggestions for changing the my.ini without using gui

Postby *M* » 20. September 2008 17:05

I have the same problem.

I tried richardalan3's solution, but that did not work, so I'm trying to change my password... however I cannot access the my.ini setup button as its when I'm trying to access the mysql admin panel that this happends (crash + access violation error at adress ....)

Any ideas how I can do this via dos? I'm new, and learning so this is not something I'm familiar with using...

also when i click on mysql.exe to get up the mysql prompt it just closes ...so i'm having trouble working from there as well
*M*

Postby enrique » 22. September 2008 20:29

hi,

please check your "my" file in "xampp\mysql\bin". if the paths are set like this

basedir=/xampp/mysql

change them to

basedir=C:/xampp/mysql

[set your own drive letter instead C:]. i got the same problem and after adding drive letter it worked.

peace, enrique
enrique

Return to XAMPP for Windows