Pages opening really slow

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Pages opening really slow

Postby JarkkoK » 06. March 2008 07:41

I'm a new user of Xampp and I found it very easy to install. I got my DB imported to mySQL and everything is working... but v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y. The pages work much faster from Internet over my 512K DSL line than they do from my own hard drive and that doesn't sound right.

Somewhere there was a mention about virus scanners in the background. Disabling them didn't help at all. I haven't done any special configuration anywhere, everything is default. The pages do some searches from database, but not that many in my opinion.

Oh yes, I have XP SP2 Home.

Any ideas?
JarkkoK

Postby Scory » 06. March 2008 11:23

Did you import the mysql database correctly? Are all keys and indexes build correctly?

A very slow performance of database search often means missing index (what does NOT result in an error message, but in slow performance).
Scory

Postby JarkkoK » 06. March 2008 11:27

Scory wrote:Did you import the mysql database correctly? Are all keys and indexes build correctly?

Thanks for your reply. I had no idea that it could be done wrong. I just thought it went ok, since it works :oops:

I bascally do not know anything about databases. I exported the DB from phpmyadmin on server to a sql-file and then imported it to my local phpmyadmin.

What could I have done wrong and how could I check this?
JarkkoK

Return to XAMPP for Windows