How to move cache and tmp folders?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

How to move cache and tmp folders?

Postby lingorr » 23. February 2008 00:04

I'm using xampp 1.66 on a drive that is old and slow. I do have an ample ramdisk, however, so I would like to move the zend or eaccelerator cache into the ram drive, as well as the tmp folder. The results might be marginal, but I still would like to try it.
So what config files should I change?

Also, in the default installation of xampp 1.66, which accelerator is being used? Zend or Eaccelerator?

thanks
lingorr

Re: How to move cache and tmp folders?

Postby Izzy » 23. February 2008 01:40

lingorr wrote:I'm using xampp 1.66 on a drive that is old and slow. I do have an ample ramdisk, however, so I would like to move the zend or eaccelerator cache into the ram drive, as well as the tmp folder. The results might be marginal, but I still would like to try it.
So what config files should I change?

.\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini
Always make a backup of ini and conf files before editing, you then have a default configuration file to revert to if you make mistakes or wish to fall back to the defaults.

http://localhost/xampp/phpinfo.php or phpinfo() from the Welcome Page menu, is a very good source of knowledge about how php is configured in XAMPP including which php.ini file is being used.
lingorr wrote:Also, in the default installation of xampp 1.66, which accelerator is being used? Zend or Eaccelerator? ...

Check the above ini file - Zend in the default XAMPP 1.6.6 installation, but as always, I stand to be corrected.

This link may help also:
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=23922
Izzy

Postby lingorr » 27. February 2008 07:41

Ah, thank you sir
lingorr

Return to XAMPP for Windows