(English) forum issues with Pear/Config.php

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

(English) forum issues with Pear/Config.php

Postby dayv2005 » 23. January 2008 16:09

Sorry for the English. But i turned on debug mode when i accessed my forum and i got this.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Config in F:\xampp\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 44

I installed PHPNuke and installed it and my forum will not work and i think it's a XAMMP Issue.

Can anyone help?
dayv2005

Postby Izzy » 24. January 2008 01:29

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Config in F:\xampp\php\PEAR\Config.php on line 44

The directory PEAR does not exist but the directory F:\xampp\php\pear\PEAR\config.php does exist so there may be a path issue here - All things Apache are case sensitive, pear is not the same as PEAR.
Code: Select all
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
; Paths and Directories ;
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; UNIX: "/path1:/path2"
;include_path = ".:/php/includes"
;
; Windows: "\path1;\path2"
include_path =

(See the paragraph regarding the setup_xampp.bat file below).
Check the above entry in the F:\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini file has this included in the path:
include_path =".;F:\xampp\php\pear\; [more paths may follow on from this]

Not F:\xampp\php\PEAR as this directory does not exist but there is another config.php in the F:\xampp\php\pear\PEAR\ directory which appears to be causing this confusion in your script.

The error message is telling you that you can't include more than one instance of config which appears to be already included by the code in the config.php - require_once

You will have to do some investigation with regard to your script's references to paths.

This bat file may have fixed most of your path issues in XAMPP:
When you installed XAMPP did you follow the installation instructions with regard to running the .\xampp\setup_xampp.bat file, if needed, to have it set all your installation paths correctly?

Also check your script configuration file for possible path errors - this may be a relative path issue which may need to be changed to an absolute path.

Always check your Apache error log file for clues:
.\xampp\apache\logs\error.log

BTW searching Google for your error will give clues from others who have had this issue - you can refine it even more by adding +phpnuke on the end of the query.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows