Manitory Vista services to run both programs?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Manitory Vista services to run both programs?

Postby minx » 06. January 2008 16:24

Hi..

I had this working a while back on my external X drive and all was well... since that time i have disabled a few services to make the game crysis run better...all seems ok, then i re-install the latest version of XAMPP and start it... so i thought, it won't... the control panel icon says they have started, but when i see them in the services manager they are not... and cannot be started, just Apache and Mysql i use and there both not working... logs says this about the non-starting service

The Apache2.2 service terminated with service-specific error 1 (0x1).

or

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> apache.exe: Syntax error on line 42 of X:/server/xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf: ServerRoot must be a valid directory .

have i done something wrong? do i need to edit a file to make it all work? something which i have over written?...or have i disabled a critical windows service on vista which they need? - my machine runs fine... no UAC or sec-center... so am at a loss...please advise
minx

Re: Manitory Vista services to run both programs?

Postby zzeljko » 06. January 2008 17:50

Open X:/server/xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf and in line 42 correct the path.
zzeljko

Postby minx » 07. January 2008 17:56

Just about got apache working... i don't understand why it suddenly stopped or failed to setup properly, anyways i still cannot get mysql going...its not starting error 1067 > "The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> Warning: DocumentRoot [X:/xampp/htdocs] does not exist ."

I cannot find that doc root to change to :
DocumentRoot "X:\server\xampp\htdocs"

thats line 176 i had to alter also to get apache working...

i feel its a lost cause, I'm forbidden on local host, the install is borked...

should i remove everything and start again?

But if i remember i didn't need to go through all of this to get it working, it just started...

yeah it's 1067 whatever that is... I suppose if i get that working i can start working on my stuff.... so re-install, wipe and clear and hope or try and find the problem...?

Btw, does mysql need to be working/running to actually view a simple page? i clicked admin on apache service and I'm locked out... as i say...it's horrible, i thought it was all going to be fine and easy... I must of done something in stopping a service or two in vista
minx

Postby minx » 07. January 2008 20:14

uninstalled and re-installed on C: no services, but it works and all running
minx

Postby ice5192 » 07. January 2008 23:10

i have looked and nothing has worked as of yet xamp or any other web server will not load on vista this is really ticking me off im not going to downgrade because i cant host a site there has to be a solution im sick of looking at dead end post COME on people lets get this fixed

Marc Petersen
ice5192

Return to XAMPP for Windows