Networking help!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Networking help!

Postby Tjobbe » 12. October 2003 22:12

I have a network set up on my two xp p.c's.

I have installed Xampp on my p.c, but when I view a php file on the other computer, I do not get any php?

The file I am viewing is on my pc, with xampp installed and running, however the p.c I was viewing it from (through the network) hasnt got Xampp installed.

I would like to be able to view php files on my network, how would this be achieved without installing xampp on any other pc's on my network?

thanks, hope I made this clear!

Tjobbe Andrews
Tjobbe

Postby Apache-User » 12. October 2003 22:24

hi

lets see ifill get this right so u got xampp running on a system and now u want to view pages locatet on the xampp system...

open ur browser and type http://ip or computername of the xampp system

also all files got to be locatet unter x:\xampp\htdocs

hope that helps

greetz
mfg
D.A.U.™
Apache-User

Postby Tjobbe » 12. October 2003 22:29

thanks for the quick reply.

I want to be able to view the php files from another computer on my network, i can view them no problem on my computer with xampp installed but other computers on my home network can't view them.
Tjobbe

Postby nemesis » 12. October 2003 23:01

uhm. can you view other sites, linke the xampp test sites from your other pcs?
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Postby Tjobbe » 12. October 2003 23:45

I will have a look tomorrow..

thx
Tjobbe

Postby Tjobbe » 13. October 2003 19:41

I can view the html but none of the php is shown on the other pc.

I have installed minixampp and it works ok on my pc buti cant view php on the other pc..
Tjobbe

ok...

Postby M » 14. October 2003 18:37

yeh, let me guess r u using my network places and browseing to the file... if so what u need to do is go to http://the_server_running_wampp(xampp) and that should sho you your content if you can run the php local then it should work across the network. what i think you are doing is double clicking on the file in win explorer and its not working if i am wrong i am wrong if not that should get u started. to sum up you need to open internet explorer and use http://the_server_running_wampp to view your pages. i think u r using \\the_server_running_wampp\path_to_file instead and that will sho the html but not execute the php. oh and just another thing dont forget to start wampp before you begin. if this is confusing sorry, but its free just like wampp, which means u have to work a little. later :idea:
M

Re: ok...

Postby nemesis » 14. October 2003 23:35

M wrote:if this is confusing sorry, but its free just like wampp, which means u have to work a little. later :idea:

right! *smile* *g*
Ubuntu 18.04 | SMP P3 1.4 GHz | 6 GByte RegECC | 74 GByte Seagate 15k5 system | 3Ware 9550SXU-4LP with 4x 500 GByte Seagate ES2 Raid 10 data | StoreCase DE400 | PX-230A | Intel Pro/1000MT Dual PCI-X
nemesis
AF Moderator

XAMPP version: depends
Operating System: Linux, BSD, Win, iOS, Android

Postby Tjobbe » 15. October 2003 13:49

Thanks, I think your right, I'll get to it ;o)
Tjobbe

u r welcome

Postby M » 16. October 2003 02:39

glad i could help

-MAGnUm
M

Return to XAMPP for Windows