My htdocs folder is missing - can't create new?! help!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby confused2gether » 30. October 2007 20:57

that is really the only thing i can think of for a case like this. perhaps a keyword virus built to attack anything that is with the name of htdocs? it would seem silly though for it to not delete it rather than just make it invisible. Do you have this same issue on another computer at all?
confused2gether

Postby Wiedmann » 30. October 2007 21:17

Can you translate the text in the pop-up into english?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby shizumexx » 30. October 2007 21:24

confused2gether wrote:that is really the only thing i can think of for a case like this. perhaps a keyword virus built to attack anything that is with the name of htdocs? it would seem silly though for it to not delete it rather than just make it invisible. Do you have this same issue on another computer at all?

I'll try on my main computer instead

Wiedmann wrote:Can you translate the text in the pop-up into english?

The path c:\xampp\htdocs does not exist or it is not a folder.
shizumexx

Postby shizumexx » 30. October 2007 21:48

oh damn, its a virus for sure.. won't let me install daemon tools or alcohol120% so i can't get my antivirus installed.. im gonna try burn a cd and get it.. oh and i tried on my main computer, htdocs works there.. so:P ill keep updated..
shizumexx

Postby confused2gether » 30. October 2007 21:52

well i guess its good to know what you are dealin with. Format that HD off because I wouldnt want to use it for my server just because AV doesnt catch everything all the time. Keep us updated and we'll help ya out.
confused2gether

Previous

Return to XAMPP for Windows