include_path setting

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

include_path setting

Postby commonwealthman » 30. October 2007 13:21

I'm a newbie. Not a coder, that's for sure. I'm eliminating a subdirectory and moving files to the root directory of my site, and now none of the include files work. Here's the error message I'm getting:

Warning: require_once(/Connections/connComradeJack_Blog.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\comradejack\searchmodule.php on line 1

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/Connections/connComradeJack_Blog.php' (include_path='.;D:\Program Files\xampp\php\pear\') in D:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\comradejack\searchmodule.php on line 1

I know I need to change the include_path statement to include other directories/files, but not sure of the exact syntax. Running Windows XP home edition. I've found the php.ini file in a couple of different locations, not sure which is the real one. Guess I could change them all, but don't know the how to change the path to include the root and subdirectories therein. Is this possible? Thanks for your help.
commonwealthman

Postby Izzy » 30. October 2007 13:37

Warning: require_once(/Connections/connComradeJack_Blog.php)
No such file or directory in D:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\comradejack\

Your error is related to a configuration setting in your blog software as it is still looking for what it needs in your old subdirectory
/Connections/

Find where in your settings that directory is mentioned and change it to the new location.

BTW you can easily find which php your are using by going to:
http://localhost/xampp/phpinfo.php

if you can't find its located here:
xampp\apache\bin\php.ini
Always make a backup before editing any ini or conf files and restart apache after making any changes.

IMHO there should be nothing in there that needs changing only in your blog config.

Welcome back by the way, it's been a long time :)

===========================================
1. The new DeskTopXampp launch control for XAMPP / XAMPPlite
Posted by Ridgewood available from Ridgewood'sDTX web site

2. Make Richer Ajax Applications - Faster
TIBCO General Interface Pro Edition but FREE and Open Source
Fully working with NO donations required to get a user/password
===========================================
Izzy

Shazamm!

Postby commonwealthman » 30. October 2007 17:03

That was it. Thank you so much!
commonwealthman