Is it possible for Apache to connect to a remote host?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Is it possible for Apache to connect to a remote host?

Postby VeeDub » 24. September 2007 01:29

Hi,

I have setup XAMPP on Windows and have PHPfileNavigator running OK on the local host.

I have data on a remote host that I would like to make accessible via PHPfileNavigator.

Is there a method that I can use to connect to a directory path on a remote host (e.g. in Windows-speak \\remotehost\data)?

I have seen some discussion about virtual hosts but all the examples I have seen relate to multiple domains on the localhost.

Thanks

VW
VeeDub

Postby Wiedmann » 24. September 2007 01:37

I have data on a remote host that I would like to make accessible via PHPfileNavigator. (e.g. in Windows-speak \\remotehost\data)?

That's no problem for PHP. But I don't know anything about the software "PHPfileNavigator". I think the support for "PHPfileNavigator" should know the answer.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby VeeDub » 24. September 2007 02:31

@Wiedmann

Thanks for the speedy reply!

Can you give me some hints on the syntax or some keywords on what I should be looking for, my background is Windows rather than Linux/Apache.

Regarding PHPfileNavigator support, you need to pay for support, and although the product looks promising and I will pay if I keep using it ... at the moment I've only had it installed for a day ... and I need to establish that it does what I need before I pay up.

So at the moment I have to figure stuff out for myself.

Cheers
VW
VeeDub

Postby outlaw » 24. September 2007 21:40

as Wiedmann says, there are many PHP functions that can access remote files/data

filegetcontents, fread, etc
http://us2.php.net/manual/en/ref.filesystem.php
outlaw

Postby VeeDub » 25. September 2007 07:47

@Outlaw

Thanks for the direction

Cheers

VW
VeeDub

Return to XAMPP for Windows