Hi, Please I stayed 3 days searching and no solution !!!

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Hi, Please I stayed 3 days searching and no solution !!!

Postby smart_sdr » 06. September 2007 22:18

Hi, How are you ? I hope all are fine.
I use xampp version 1.6.3a, In the past I used wamp5 but because it doesn't have mod_auth_mysql and I searched a lot but I didn't find a compiled version so I used xampp because It has it.
I use windows xp. Then I faced another problem now with the mod_cband.
I searched for it about 3 days to get mod_cband.so but I didn't find it. But I got the source mod_cband.c.
ok then I tried to compile it with apxs and I found that I must install perl, Ok I installed perl v5.6.1 and I verified that it works from the command prompt I wrote perl -v and it showed me the version and other information.
then I tried to use apxs.bat from the folder apache/bin and it shows me an error build/config_vars.mk: No such file or directory at apxs.bat line 243.
I don't know how some people did it, how they can compile the modules ???
and I searched a lot for this file also config_vars.mk and I didn't find it.
Please help me because I got very tired I read a lot and even I learned perl !!! the basic stuffs.
Please tell me how to fix the problem with apxs.bat or if some one have mod_cband.so to make me a favor and to send it to me. I will give you my email or check my profile (I don't know if you can see it).

With Best Wishes
Arkan
smart_sdr

Postby Wiedmann » 07. September 2007 14:49

You can use mod_bw instead, which is part of XAMPP.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby smart_sdr » 07. September 2007 15:02

Thank you for your replay I will check this module.

:D
smart_sdr

Postby smart_sdr » 07. September 2007 16:26

Hi,
first of all I have 3 computers 2 desktop, 1 laptop.
I tested this module, It works I left 2 computers to download a file from the server (laptop) it worked perfectly, I gave every computer max 50kb/s and It throttled them.
I followed the author of this module Ivan Barrera A. (Bruce) in his document.
And I tested the the feature MaxConnection, and I left the other computer to use download accelerator and it didn't succeed if i will give like this
BandWidth all 0 // this mean unlimited bandwidth
MaxConnection all 5 // open 5 connections
result : unlimited bandwidth with max connection that's set in the download accelerator ( it was more than 5 connections ).

if I modify the setting like this:
BandWidth all 10240 // will limit to 10kb/s
MaxConnection all 5 // open 5 connections
result : bandwidth limited to 10kb/s with one open connection

the other problem if I use this module I can't then use the resume feature that's in the download accelerator.
I tried to disable the module mod_bw to see if this problem was by the apache, I discovered that this feature Resume in the download accelerator worked when I disabled the module mod_bw.

So I will not get a benefit from using this module.

What I want to have :
1- bandwidth limit for each user with a limit connections per user.
2- when the bandwidth of the user will be used all I want apache to redirect the user to a http page ( ex. you have used all the bandwidth ).

Thank you for your intention
Arkan
smart_sdr

Return to XAMPP for Windows