"phpMyAdmin: Error - Cannot start session without erro

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

"phpMyAdmin: Error - Cannot start session without erro

Postby Josef vM » 27. August 2007 15:01

I downloaded the new PHP version 1.6.3a installer and extracted it to my c:\ root directory. It loaded fine but when I tried to access phpMyAdmin, it gave me the error...

"phpMyAdmin Error: Cannot start session without errors, please check errors given in your PHP and/or webserver log file and configure your PHP installation properly."

I did a quick search on the internet to see how much this problem was coming up and found the same error being generated on Windows platforms around the world. I followed the path... c:\xampp\apache\log\error.txt (the log folder) and found this error generated...

[Mon Aug 27 07:45:52 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: Unknown: open(C:\\DOCUME~1\\MyFolder\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\php\\session\\sess_mph1aapojmqiaed5k0all04gp7, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2) in Unknown on line 0, referer: http://localhost/xampp/navi.php

I looked in the Temp folder and sure enough, no sessions directory. I added the nested folders ../php/session/ and phpMyAdmin came right up!

I hope this will save a lot of you a sleepless night trying to figure out why the adminstrator won't run.

Good luck...
Josef vM

Re: "phpMyAdmin: Error - Cannot start session without erro

Postby junk007 » 26. July 2010 13:23

In addition to the reply by Josef vM

if you experience such error, Just clear your browser cache and browsing history
junk007

Postby karonterrier » 21. August 2011 14:18

Hello Josef,

I am getting the error that you had. Could you please explain in detail what you did to fix it. I am new to open source and I'm beginning to think its a bunch of junk.

Thank you,

Robert
karonterrier

Postby JonB » 21. August 2011 21:06

Well since you are looking at a post that is 4 years old, and the poster 'Josef' made 2 posts - I don't think Josef's gonna be able to help you.

If YOU want help -

YOU need to tell us the XAMMP version, what folder XAMMP is installed in, the Windows version AND what your ACTUAL error is.

Good Luck
8)
JonB
AF Moderator

Operating System: Windows XP/7 - Fedora 15 1.7.7

Return to XAMPP for Windows