Native sessions?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Native sessions?

Postby SirChick » 06. August 2007 16:23

I been creating a php code that generates a code so that the user inputs what they see and if it matches the registration will complete. At the moment im getting this kind of result:
_SESSION['security_code'] = '3bsxg2'
_POST['security_code'] = '3bsxg2'
Your security code input did not match the generated image, please try again!

Notice they are the same but the error occurs non the less.

I asked a php coder who's been kindly helping me out as im quite new and he said something like this which perhaps you guys might know ?:

Now when you run the code you will see what the value submitted and the value from the session, if the session one is blank you need to go and have a look at CaptchaSecurityImages.php and make sure the code is working properly, if it is then you need to check the webserver setup and make sure native sessions are working properly.

That bit in bold is the bit im referring to ... can some one explain how i check if they are working properly on apache ? Or is not an apache related thing?

:/
SirChick

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Postby Wiedmann » 06. August 2007 18:33

Notice they are the same but the error occurs non the less.

Maybe your code is not correct?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby SirChick » 06. August 2007 20:37

No the code was a simple if code does not match user code then "error"... very simple beginner stuff and its just doing it regardless :/
SirChick

Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit

Postby outlaw » 07. August 2007 01:53

SirChick wrote:No the code was a simple if code does not match user code then "error"... very simple beginner stuff and its just doing it regardless :/

maybe your code is not correct
copy/paste here
outlaw

Return to XAMPP for Windows