Status Problems?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Status Problems?

Postby liam » 19. July 2007 15:28

For some reason when i view the status page. It says that mysql and pho arent running, except when i go to one of my php appliactions it works fine any idea what may be wrong?
liam

Re: Status Problems?

Postby Eric Pement » 21. July 2007 02:03

liam wrote:For some reason when i view the status page. It says that mysql and pho arent running, except when i go to one of my php appliactions it works fine any idea what may be wrong?

Goto http://localhost/xampp/phpinfo.php and look for the line near the top that gives the location of the "php.ini" Configuration File.

My guess is that there is a bad setting (bad path maybe) in that file. Its a very long file. View it and edit it with a plain ASCII text editor. To move quickly, look for "path", "_dir", "file", in the settings. Maybe you will notice that one of the values points to a nonexistent path. On my system, some of the pathnames were wrong, and when I corrected them, it worked fine. Note in particular that though you have a Windows system, use the forward slash "/" instead of the backslash "/" when entering path information.
Eric Pement - pemente [at] northpark [dot] edu
Eric Pement

Return to XAMPP for Windows