Help! Unable to login to sites after uninstalling XAMPP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Help! Unable to login to sites after uninstalling XAMPP

Postby blackshadow » 18. July 2007 10:41

Hi,

I am running into problems after uninstalling XAMPP for Windows when trying to login to myspace or facebook - I am getting the following errors:

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\facebook\processing.php on line 11

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\facebook\processing.php on line 23

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set() in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\myspace\processing.php on line 11

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 60 seconds exceeded in C:\xampp\htdocs\www\myspace\processing.php on line 23

Can anyone suggest a fix? (I am running Windows XP Home SP2).

TIA Richard.
blackshadow

Postby ldivinag » 19. July 2007 06:11

wait, are you having problems after you INSTALLED xampp?

looks like xampp is running on your machine and is trying to email out using xampp's facilities.

shut down xampp and try again...
leo d.
ldivinag

Postby blackshadow » 20. July 2007 03:14

Thanks for the reply Leo but XAMPP is definitely uninstalled on the computer - the paths listed in my original post do not exist. I think it is related to the problem I outlined in this thread http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=25563

It's really frustrating as I need access to these sites and am loathe to undergo a whole Windows reinstall (which is an option) start everything from scratch - I believe there has to be a solution that will avoid the whole reinstallation bother.

Cheers, Richard
blackshadow

Postby Eric Pement » 21. July 2007 00:29

blackshadow wrote:Thanks for the reply Leo but XAMPP is definitely uninstalled on the computer - the paths listed in my original post do not exist.
[ ... ]
I believe there has to be a solution that will avoid the whole reinstallation bother.

Just guessing, but I would examine the Windows registry and search for the string "xampp" to see if there were registry entries that should have been deleted but are still present.

Next question is, why would a mail program try to be invoked when you visit a web site? Is it invoked with Internet Explorer but not with Firefox, or vice versa?
Eric Pement - pemente [at] northpark [dot] edu
Eric Pement

Postby blackshadow » 22. July 2007 11:46

Thanks Eric - deleting the registry entries has done the trick.
blackshadow

Return to XAMPP for Windows