installing 2 versions of xampp

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Postby resafrica » 29. June 2007 09:48

I have xampp version 1.2 under W2K. There are applications which require msql 4.0. A new application requires mysql 5.0.

Can I install a second version of xammp (1.6.2) on a different drive and have both version run at the same time?

You suggestions are much appreciated.
Klaus
resafrica

Concurent Sessions

Postby ridgewood » 03. July 2007 14:23

You can run two different sessions at the same time if they run on ports other than the default ports XAMPP (80/3306) is normally set to.

The new DTX-Control is available at http://zedfiles.com/DTX/ (see New Xampp Launch Control post) and it has a set of instructions in the read me for alternative porting. I would install the latest version of XAMPP. Please send feedback if you choose to use it.
ridgewood

Postby resafrica » 03. July 2007 15:44

Thanks for the info. I will look into it and will post my experience once installed.
Klaus
resafrica

Postby resafrica » 04. July 2007 16:26

Having installed DTX with all the necessary changes in xampp I can report that it works perfectly well. :D
Very recommendable :!:

Thanks for the tip
Klaus
resafrica

Re: installing 2 versions of xampp

Postby ridgewood » 07. July 2007 15:55

resafrica wrote:Having installed DTX with all the necessary changes in xampp I can report that it works perfectly well. :D

Thanks for the tip

Terrific! I am happy that it worked out for you. I hope the instructions were clear... do we need to improve them?
ridgewood

Re: installing 2 versions of xampp

Postby resafrica » 07. July 2007 16:00

ridgewood wrote:
resafrica wrote:Having installed DTX with all the necessary changes in xampp I can report that it works perfectly well. :D

Thanks for the tip

Terrific! I am happy that it worked out for you. I hope the instructions were clear... do we need to improve them?

All is very clear and I do not think any improvements are necessary.
Klaus
resafrica

Return to XAMPP for Windows