Serving ASP pages under XAMPP for Windows 1.6.2

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Serving ASP pages under XAMPP for Windows 1.6.2

Postby vinyla » 24. June 2007 03:44

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can clear things up for me - I'm looking to be able to serve ASP pages running under XAMPP for Windows 1.6.2. I've read pretty much all of the posts relating to ASP dating back to 2004 but can't figure exactly what is required...

It looked like installing mod_perl and Apache::ASP was the solution but a couple of posts say that Apache::ASP will only serve ASP pages containing PearlScript. I code with VBScript so I'm thinking this solution won't work for me.

I understand that there are two possible solutions to run ASP.NET: mod_aspdotnet [which appears to have been retired] and mod_mono. Thing is I code for ASP not ASP.NET so neither of these is an option for me.

Can anyone confirm from what I've written above that I've understood things correctly and that XAMPP won't serve ASP pages coded in VBScript? Otherwise, can you point me in the right direction to get XAMPP to do what I need?

Thanks,

Chris.
vinyla

Postby Wiedmann » 24. June 2007 09:05

that XAMPP won't serve ASP pages coded in VBScript?

Correct.
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby vinyla » 24. June 2007 17:03

Thank you for the confirmation.

Is anyone aware of any commercial solutions that could be used such as: Sun Java System Active Server Pages / Chilisoft

Sun Java System Active Server Pages (formerly Sun ONE Active Server Pages) is a secure, cross-platform Active Server Pages (ASP) engine. Java System ASP allows organizations to improve Web security by shifting deployment of ASP applications from Microsoft IIS to the Java System Web Server (formerly Sun ONE Web Server) or Apache running on the Solaris Operating System, Linux, or Windows. Java System ASP is fully compatible with Microsoft ASP 3.0 and popular Web authoring tools such as Macromedia's Dreamweaver MX and Microsoft FrontPage. Media Kit sold separately.

This quote from their website suggests that their software will run under Windows with Apache. Is anyone running this setup or able to confirm that it would work with XAMPP?

Thanks again,

Chris.
vinyla

Return to XAMPP for Windows