MySql problem right at the start

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

MySql problem right at the start

Postby roy gardiner » 09. June 2007 15:54

I've installed XAMPP 1.6.2 under XP. On the XAMPP control panel it says that Apache and MySql are running. But trying to start phpAdmin from there I get an error MySql said #2003 the server is not responding and being newbie I'm stuck. Help appreciated...
roy gardiner

Postby merike » 10. June 2007 08:43

I have the exact same problem. Hopefully someone knows the answer.
merike

Postby roy gardiner » 10. June 2007 11:13

:( Not the reply I wanted, but we can be miserable together (english humour no offence meant)

Things seem to work a bit better if I take the option to 'open a new phpMyAdmin window'. I wonder why?
roy gardiner

Postby merike » 10. June 2007 15:50

roy gardiner wrote:Things seem to work a bit better if I take the option to 'open a new phpMyAdmin window'. I wonder why?

I don't think I have seen such an option.

Anyway, I did some troubleshooting and even though it didn't get it working it gave me some information, it's just I have no idea where to go from here.

I tried "telnet mycomputername 3306" on cmd and got that my ip address is not allowed to connect to this mysql server. However I have no idea, what's stopping it. Tried disabling firewall completely to rule that out, so it is not an firewall issue.

Secondly tried "sc qc mysql" which among other information shows you my.cnf location. It shows that it's in mysql/bin folder, but actually there is no such file..
merike

Postby merike » 10. June 2007 20:28

I was also battling with getting php in safe mode and at first I was editing the wrong ini file. Then when I finally realised I have to edit the one in apache/bin directory after restart mysql was up! I'm unsure what really changed since switching it off won't kill mysql.
merike

Return to XAMPP for Windows