SSL trouble (beginer)

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

SSL trouble (beginer)

Postby cyberox » 05. June 2007 01:21

Hi all. I installed this great package, but i have a little problem.

I want to start an ecommerce site and i added a spell cheking feature, but i have an error, after install XAMPP for Windows.

Running on my local machine (notebook)

Code: Select all
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK. Details: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed' in C:\xampp\htdocs\ecommerce\SpellChecker.php:117 Stack trace: #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\ecommerce\SpellChecker.php(55): SpellChecker::GetSuggestions(NULL, 'en', 'en') #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\ecommerce\SpellChecker.php(39): SpellChecker::Correct(NULL, 'en', 'en') #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\ecommerce\auctionsearch.php(232): SpellChecker::Check(NULL) #3 {main} thrown in C:\xampp\htdocs\ecommerce\SpellChecker.php on line 117

Part of code:

115. $data = curl_exec($ch);
116. if (curl_errno($ch)) {
117. throw new Exception( curl_error($ch) );
118. } else {
119. curl_close($ch);
120. }

My system:

-Windows XP SP2
-PHP5
-Apache 2.0
-cURL support enabled
-OpenSSL support enabled
-OpenSSL Version OpenSSL 0.9.8e 23 Feb 2007
-cURL Information: libcurl/7.16.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8e zlib/1.2.3

What's wrong? i need a certificate?

Thank's for all help
cyberox

Postby Codesmith » 05. June 2007 18:15

One would assume there is a problem with your SSL certificate.

If your SSL certificate is in order and https works fine then the problem is probably with the software you just added.

Looks like you need someone who has detailed knowledge of the spell checker.

You might get lucky, but your best bet is to go to the support forum for the software you are using.

Or you can go line by line with a php debugger.

---
Download Zend Debugger (not Zend Platform), copy the .dll that matches your php version, add a few lines to your php.ini, then download a free trial of Zend Studio.

(If you toggle between php4 and php 5 you have to do this twice)

You can now walk through all your php files, line by line while examining all the variables.
---
Codesmith

Return to XAMPP for Windows