XAMPP was working --Joomla broke it?

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP was working --Joomla broke it?

Postby gregb » 10. May 2007 19:46

Hi,

I installed XAMPP 1.6.1 and intro screen at localhost, myphp, everything was working fine.

I installed Joomla 1.0.12 and started working on a test site on my PC. Then I had a problem with Joomla, attempted to check out MySQL, PHP, et. al. and discovered the below when attempting to load localhost start page.

Can anyone tell me how to remedy this so I can use my XAMPP control panel at the start page?

Incidentally, the "problem" with Joomla was actually a personal firewall which blocked access to MySQL :roll: When I made a rule to permanantly allow it through, problem was resolved. So I did NOT need to mess around with the guts of ini files.

Thanks much,

Greg

Warning: include(lang/-=&de=&en=&fr=&es=&jp=&nl=&pl=&no=&it=&zh=&pt_br=convert(varchar%2C0x7b5d).php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 12

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'lang/-=&de=&en=&fr=&es=&jp=&nl=&pl=&no=&it=&zh=&pt_br=convert(varchar%2C0x7b5d).php' for inclusion (include_path='.;D:\xampp\php\pear\') in D:\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 12
gregb

Postby gregb » 11. May 2007 16:35

More information.

I've tried to dig through the PHP though I am no programmer.

I do have lang.tmp in my root XAMPP directory.

I also have in the \xampp\lang a .php file for each of the languages (lang/-=&de=&en=&fr=&es=&jp=&nl=&pl=&no=&it=&zh=&pt_br)

Now, does this message mean that index.php is looking for these files in the D:\xampp\php\pear\ path?

I copied the lang.tmp file to the D:\xampp\php\pear\ and the \lang directory also, but it didn't help.

Would appreciate help!
gregb

Return to XAMPP for Windows