xampp - apache service problems

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

xampp - apache service problems

Postby Docabitmol » 05. April 2007 14:44

Hi all,

After a power failure, apache service is going nuts, its telling me its missing files to start, so I re-installed xampp over the previous install to make sure any missing files would be there again, but that didnt work.
Next I uninstalled completely xampp, rebooted and reinstalled, still problem still happening. I tried to install different apache softwares but still the service doesnt start.
The files missing are :
aspell-15.dll, libcs.dll, db2cli.dll, isqlt09a.dll, core_rc_magik.dll and iicibapi.dll.
I installed xampp on my laptop and there it works, I searched for these files on my laptop and they arent there but everything works.
If someone could help me I really appreciate. Thanx in advance.

Doc.
Docabitmol

Postby Codesmith » 06. April 2007 17:41

Is it still telling you those files are missing or are you getting something different after your reinstalled?
Codesmith

Postby Docabitmol » 06. April 2007 17:50

Using Xampp after reinstall, as soon as the service starts (apache) I get an error for each of the files, couldnt load xxx.dll.
And of course the service doesnt start; none of my php files work.

In the meanwhile I changed to IIS and installed mysql and php separetly this works but I rather use xampp.
Thank you for your help.

Doc
Docabitmol

Postby Codesmith » 07. April 2007 17:35

Sorry I have no clue whats gone wrong. My guess is your OS is damaged in some way, but that is just a guess.

The problem will likely resolve the next time you do a clean install. At which point I suggest you start employing backup software like True Image.

Then if you run into problems you just restore from the previous backup.

If you have system restore enabled you can try recovering from a restore point before the problem occurred.

You can even go a step further and isolate your development environment by running it inside a Virtual Machine. Then you can install XAMPP in a freshly installed OS. :)
Codesmith

Postby Docabitmol » 08. April 2007 14:33

Thanx Codesmith,

Trust me I will follow your suggestions.

Doc.
Docabitmol

Return to XAMPP for Windows