XAMPP not working, but no errors

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

XAMPP not working, but no errors

Postby artod4789 » 03. April 2007 02:52

Hey all. New to the forum, but didn't see anything that worked when looking around. Anyway, here's the issue.

Pre March 29th (the day XAMPP went away for me), my set up was a WIN XP Pro machine with XAMPP installed just fine connecting with a dyndns set up URL. Everything was working fine. I had apache, mysql and filezilla running (not the email program). But on March 29th, something happened that I can't figure out how to fix.

If I remember correctly, I restarted my computer and then left things alone. This morning, I went to add something to the server through FTP and it wasn't coming up. For some reason, my server says that it is running, but only runs via localhost now.

When I checked out what happened on the machine on the 29th, the only thing I found was that it switched the IP to another one. But when I use the dyndns updater, it says that there is no change. Same when I go onto my router.

But the server still only works via localhost, not using its actual domain.

Any thoughts what to try? I can't seem to find anything else wrong!

Thanks for any help!!!
artod4789

Postby Wiedmann » 03. April 2007 03:50

But the server still only works via localhost,

What's the output:
Code: Select all
netstat -a -n -p tcp | findstr /r "^..TCP....[0-9]*.[0-9]*.[0-9]*.[0-9]*:80"

?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby artod4789 » 03. April 2007 12:05

I'll have to check that when I get home.
artod4789

Postby artod4789 » 03. April 2007 21:37

Well, I ran the script and didn't even find the IP I was using in the list.

However, I went through my router settings and found the problem. Apparently, when I restarted my computer, that screwed with the DMZ IP address. So it was looking for one IP in particular, but not finding it at all. Oh well.

But all works great again! Thanks for the help!
artod4789

Return to XAMPP for Windows