Newbie and confused

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Newbie and confused

Postby SmokingMan » 24. February 2007 23:04

I just installed XAMPP so I can run PHP scripts on my local machine. I am learning PHP and didn't want to bother uploading scripts to my hosting server to try them out. That being said, how do I run XAMPP so I can try practice scripts, and where do I load them so they will run on my machine?

I've tried to find documentation for using the different services, but I can't seem to find what I need. Can someone point me to a resource that will instruct dummies like me on how to use XAMPP for PHP development on my local machine?

At least something to help newbies like me get started.
No...No, you can't get away...From hells heart I stab at thee...For hates sake I spit my last breath at thee. - Khan Noonien Singh
SmokingMan

Postby april » 25. February 2007 15:53

Hi,
try this topic. These guides will walk you through to process of setting up a virtual host(which is what you want). It doesn't matter whether you installed Xampp light or normal Xampp, you should still be able to find these files and set up a virtual host.

http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?t=23239
april

Postby SmokingMan » 25. February 2007 21:44

Thanks for the help. After looking at some of the documentation, I can see I've got some work ahead of me. But at least now I have a starting point. Thanks again! :D
No...No, you can't get away...From hells heart I stab at thee...For hates sake I spit my last breath at thee. - Khan Noonien Singh
SmokingMan

Return to XAMPP for Windows