I have used XAMPPlite for a long time. When I upgraded from 1.5.5 to 1.6 I did as I always do, which is change the httpd.conf to a different documentRoot. The Apache server creates a service and runs, a PHP application 'Singapore' runs but now with the upgrade, it will not create any thumbnails. I rolled back to 1.5.5 and there is no problem.
Are there new configs in this version or security settings that I am missing? The 1.6 runs the app perfectly until I change the documentRoot.
Singapore is a photo gallery ...much lighter than CopperMine. It generates new images from a 'primary jpg', say 2040x1030 to 600x700, 50x50 etc. to lighten the server load for slide shows etc. when the images are 'uploaded'. It then serves out the 'thumbnails' in the templates.
I installed the full XAMPP with the same steps and there is not a problem with it or using the different directory...it seems to be only with 'Lite. In the over 2 years that we have distributed XAMPP in our ZedFiles Program, this is the first time we have run into the problem between 'interchangablitiy' with the builds.
Thank you for your assistance. We will try to figure this out.