Default Index page not available ?[resolved]

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Default Index page not available ?[resolved]

Postby jlhaslip » 16. February 2007 22:49

I have installed Xampp on a windows XP sp2 laptop and it works if I access a sub-directory of htdocs, (localhost/sub_domain/index.php)but it throws an error recently when I attempt to access the default index page. (localhost/index.php or localhost/wampp/index.php) It has worked okay when I Installed the xampp in December, but it just doesn't like me any more, it seems. Looks like there is a file access problem, but I code html and css, not servers...
If I need to un-install and re-install, that's okay, because it is simply a localhost for testing pages before uploading to the Web Account. Not a major issue here. If you have something important, I can wait for an answer. I had a look at some other topics, but didn't find anything related.

Here is the error message in the Browser window.

Apache is running perfectly and it is all good, except I haven't been able to get to this 'front-page'.
Wondering if you folks could assist. Greatly appreciated. And thanks in advance...

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Documents and Settings\Jim Haslip\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Documents and Settings\Jim Haslip\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php:2) in C:\Documents and Settings\Jim Haslip\Desktop\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 4

*edit*

Search feature came back with the answer.

http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopi ... s+lang+tmp

Sorry about bothering everyone. Thanks for reading the topic and I figured I'd post the solution, too. Searching can be difficult sometimes...
Thanks for letting me visit...
jlhaslip

Operating System: Ubuntu 10.4

Return to XAMPP for Windows