error: DocumentRoot must be a directory

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

error: DocumentRoot must be a directory

Postby Bryan » 11. February 2007 19:43

hello everyone,

My problem is next: I unzipped xampp and then I wanted to start apache_start.bat like the readme says so, afterwards I get the error: Syntax error on line 172 of D:/programs/xampp/apache/conf/httpd.conf: DocumentRoot must be a directory

And the I get the error that apache could not be started, now I quote from the httpd.conf line 172:
DocumentRoot "/xampp/htdocs/"
I have looked further in the file but I cant explain what is going wrong :( I have installed xampp before and with succes, no problems, but my control panel was doing a bit weird so I deceided to uninstall xampp(the uninstall.exe back then) en then reinstall it, but afterwards I get this error :(

What did I do to fix this:
- I change the line from /xampp/htdocs/ to D:/programs/xampp/htdocs/, did not work :(
- I deleted xampp and reinstalled it twice now
- I looked in the FAQ, now I could not find it or I mislooked :(
- I searched the forum
- I deleted the service apache2 and reinstalled it (it was installed when I started apache_start.bat)

Does anyone knows the solution for me? I would be very thankfull :D
Bryan

Postby Wiedmann » 11. February 2007 19:48

I unzipped xampp and then I wanted to start apache_start.bat like the readme says so

In my readme I can read something about a "setup_xampp.bat"...
(Quick installation --> Step 1)
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby Bryan » 11. February 2007 19:53

Wiedmann wrote:
I unzipped xampp and then I wanted to start apache_start.bat like the readme says so

In my readme I can read something about a "setup_xampp.bat"...
(Quick installation --> Step 1)
lol your right, sorry for bothering with such a dumb question, i should read more better.

thanks for your answer :)
Bryan

Return to XAMPP for Windows