HELP

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

HELP

Postby m_0_r_p_h_3_u_s » 07. January 2007 05:14

I am completely new to networking, i downloaded and installed apache. the main purpose i have for it, is i just wanted an FTP server so my freinds could easily download files from me. i don't intend on doing anything fancy with the "site" i basically just need to know how to operate Apache and it's accessorys so i can add accounts so my friends can't go and delete files but they can upload them. the only account i've been having them access is the "root" and the password i put in when i first installed it. if you all could help me out i would greatly appreciate it. i don't know how this forum worx, so if you could email me at acmoffitt05@aol.com it would be awsome. thank you!
m_0_r_p_h_3_u_s

Postby Wiedmann » 07. January 2007 05:23

i downloaded and installed apache. the main purpose i have for it, is i just wanted an FTP server

You have downloaded XAMPP or Apache?
Wiedmann
AF Moderator

Postby cvdbAdmin » 20. January 2007 01:47

For what you are doing I would suggest using a different application. Apache and xampp are a lot more powerful then what you need. You can find FTP Servers that will do everything that you talked about. I would also suggest looking into something like an SSH Server instead just because they tend to be more secure.
cvdbAdmin

Return to XAMPP for Windows