hi having some problems

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

hi having some problems

Postby indy812 » 01. January 2007 01:55

first of all happy new years :o

ok

im a little lost i dont no where everything go's i want to install a vb forum on localhost but i have no idea what folder to put my files in.. and i can make that viewable globaly after im done testing right?

and i can also give my friends ftp acess right..?

the installation went great.. everything works fine.. if i need to configure any files please let me know in here.
indy812

Re: hi having some problems

Postby bobleny » 01. January 2007 02:34

indy812 wrote:first of all happy new years :o
You too!

indy812 wrote:im a little lost i dont no where everything go's i want to install a vb forum on localhost but i have no idea what folder to put my files in..
"xampp\htdocs" is where you would place you web files. Problem is, when you go to local host, you get the xampp page. I recommend deleting the "index.php" and "index.html" located in "xampp\htdocs".

indy812 wrote: and i can make that viewable globaly after im done testing right? and i can also give my friends ftp acess right..?
I believe that you can, but do to security issues with the design, you aren't supposed to use it to host files. You can fix these problems, but unless you have an extremely fast and connection and a powerful PC, and you have 2 or more people on the site, your computer will lag relay bad! Same goes for making your forum globally accessible.

indy812 wrote:the installation went great.. everything works fine.. if i need to configure any files please let me know in here.
I don't believe you do.

Good luck!
bobleny

Postby indy812 » 01. January 2007 03:05

hey how come after i installed another server component.. it was wamp i think.. it disabled my cmd promt it says another file is using this program.. will this intefear with my bat files or do i need to even worry about those.. i cant do anything about the problem till broadband gets back on because it takes for ever to install spyware software
indy812

Return to XAMPP for Windows