A complete Transfer

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

A complete Transfer

Postby sbboyd » 31. December 2006 01:36

I need my files now in my root directory.

after i ftp, then i do the export/import for the MySQL.

is there a list of more things i need to do since i am uploading into a different directory other than the xampp wordpress directory?

thank you for your help :wink:
sbboyd

Re: A complete Transfer

Postby Izzy » 31. December 2006 02:55

sbboyd wrote:I need my files now in my root directory.

after i ftp, then i do the export/import for the MySQL.

is there a list of more things i need to do since i am uploading into a different directory other than the xampp wordpress directory?

thank you for your help :wink:

No need to double/triple post in these forums it is deemed to be bad forum etiquette like posting in all caps which is deemed to be shouting, also bad etiquette is cross posting which is posting to multiple forums within the same main forum.

I think you are fully aware or forum etiquette being a member of a large amount of forums.

A google search for sbboyd reveals a lot about you!

You also seem to be quite aware of the proceedure your questions relate to here.
After all in some of your forum profiles your occupation is down to being a "webmaster".
Another profile shows Occupation:
Free Lance Web Designer, Internet Marketer, Student.

You have also been very active on ebay, so your not as green as you are trying to make out to be.

Your posts at StarLogic seem to indicate you are fully aware of how to upload a web site and/or transfer files.

I hope your repeated questions in these forums are not related to a crude attempt at signature spam.

I posted an answer that covers this double/triple post here:
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopi ... 0949#90949

If this subject is all too much for you then I suggest you use the forums related to the software you are using ie. the wordpress forums.

These forums are for XAMPP issues and from your posts it appears that XAMPP is working as it should and your questions have nothing to do with XAMPP.

Google is my friend.
Izzy

Postby sbboyd » 02. January 2007 00:48

i appologize, your link was very helpfull and was still wondering about the changes from one directory to the next as your link was suggesting to keep it in the same directory. :?

i am new to this mySQL database and I always figure it out sooner or later.

i will be giving your awesome program do my new designer/developer and find your product to be one of the most useful tools I have ever used.

i appologize again for the multiple posts as my signature web site link is always my cousins free art web site and never desire to be noticed as a spammer. i almost never use any product sales driven web sites in my signatures. :(
sbboyd

Return to XAMPP for Windows