FileZilla service won't start :(

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

FileZilla service won't start :(

Postby Znupi » 28. December 2006 21:15

I just installed XAMPP and am very pleased with it. Apache and MySQL work well, but FileZilla doesn't :(. I start the xampp-control.exe, try to install the FileZilla service, it says OK but if I restart xampp-control.exe the service is not installed! I tried to search for something like apache_installservice.bat only for FileZilla but couldn't find it (I installed the apache service and the MySQL service with the .bat files).

Somebody help?
Znupi

no subject, just helping out

Postby fusionjoe » 29. December 2006 01:11

I had a problem like yours, so I put a new entry in the Widows registry that pointed to the batch file to start Filezilla on startup. I don't know the specific keys or file name off hand, but if you search your directory, you'll find the batch file that starts Filezilla (just a plain .bat file that starts Filezilla). Then look in your registry for start up files and put the new key there.
If you need anymore help, just let me know.
fusionjoe

Re: FileZilla service won't start :(

Postby Izzy » 29. December 2006 01:22

Znupi wrote:I just installed XAMPP and am very pleased with it. Apache and MySQL work well, but FileZilla doesn't :(. I start the xampp-control.exe, try to install the FileZilla service, it says OK but if I restart xampp-control.exe the service is not installed! I tried to search for something like apache_installservice.bat only for FileZilla but couldn't find it (I installed the apache service and the MySQL service with the .bat files).

Somebody help?

Check and make sure the service isn't already running before you try and start it again.
Right click on the Task Bar>Task Manager>Processes
Look for FileZillaServer.exe
Right click on the file and select End Process to stop FileZilla from running, then you can start over and try using your Xampp Control Panel again.

If FileZilla is still stuck and won't start exit the XCP then at a command prompt:
start>Run...>cmd.exe>enter
Type
sc delete "FileZilla Server"
Hit Enter
This will clear any stuck FileZilla services in the registry.

Now follow the below instructions.

The process of starting FileZilla from the XCP is:
Click on the SVC check box.
Click OK to install the FileZilla FTP Service?.
Click on Yes to Install Service?.
Click on Yes or No to Autostart the service?.
Click on Yes to Start server?.

Then do this to stop FileZilla from running using the XCP:
Click on Stop
Click on the SVC ckeck box
Click on Yes to uninstall the FileZilla FTP Service

Job Done.
Izzy

Still nothing

Postby Znupi » 29. December 2006 20:59

I tried all the above, but nothing! I can't find the .bat file, I think FileZilla is not installed? I have XAMPP\apache, XAMPP\mysql, but no XAMPP\filezilla! Should I have? Where is the .bat located at? (I have XAMPP lite).

Thank you for your time.
Znupi

Re: Still nothing

Postby Izzy » 29. December 2006 21:45

Znupi wrote:I tried all the above, but nothing! I can't find the .bat file, I think FileZilla is not installed? I have XAMPP\apache, XAMPP\mysql, but no XAMPP\filezilla! Should I have? Where is the .bat located at? (I have XAMPP lite).

Thank you for your time.

XAMPP Lite is what you get - read the Contents:
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#646
http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp-windows.html#1167

If you don't want a Lite version then download and install the Full version.

It always helps and saves time to include your OS and XAMPP version when posting.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows