wrong php.ini location

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

wrong php.ini location

Postby Isllyiate » 21. December 2006 04:58

Due to a previous unsuccesful installaton of trying to get apache mysql and php working there is still an ini file elsewhere on my computer, which normally shouldn't make a difference however when i run the phpinfo script i get

Configuration File (php.ini) Path C:\Program Files\PHP\php.ini

obviously the wrong place and i need to change it to the right path. Only problem is i don't know where i have to change it. As all the test scripts won't work due to it trying to find the php files in the wrong directory and which are no longer there, and therefore isn't able to parse correctly.

So hopefully should be a straight forward thing to fix, any pointers on where to change the path that it finds the ini would be helpful :)
Isllyiate

Postby Izzy » 21. December 2006 05:26

Do you have another instance of Apache running?

Execute xampp\xampp-portcheck.exe and see if all ports required for XAMPP are free. You would do this before trying to run any of the XAMPP components.

Xampp's Apache component uses the php.ini file in the xampp\apache\bin directory not from any other location and is why I ask about another instance of apache that may be running instead and using your other php.ini file.
Izzy

Postby Isllyiate » 22. December 2006 09:30

port check is fine.

I did have a previous isntall of apache 5 on the computer but i uninstalled it but it left the ini file in the folder and a few extensions files. Else everything was removed. Its using the ini file in the program files\php folder rather than the xampp\php folder.

Thats why i asked if there is a way to manually change the file path for where it locates the php.ini file.

seems to be fixed now O.o

hopefully it will be k when i log onto my admin account later >>
Isllyiate

Postby Izzy » 22. December 2006 09:50

All your user and system paths/variables are available from the Windows
Control Panel>System>Advanced>Environment Variables.
Izzy

Return to XAMPP for Windows