trying to upgrade PEAR

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

trying to upgrade PEAR

Postby drmeg » 06. December 2006 03:00

Hi all -

xampp is a great product - I have been using it for quite a while and I love it!

The only problem I have is that I am unable to upgrade my PEAR installation. When I enter "pear upgrade pear" from the command prompt, it begins the upgrade process and errors out with:

permission denied (delete): \xampp\php\pear.bat
permission denied (delete): \xampp\php\peardev.bat
permission denied (delete): \xampp\php\pecl.bat
ERROR: commit failed

I am using version 1.5.5a on Windows XP Pro platform. I have checked the attributes of the above files, and all have write permission. There is no .htaccess file in the php folder. I am stumped - any help would be greatly appreciated.
drmeg

Postby Izzy » 06. December 2006 05:07

Those are XAMPP protected .bat files and have been set not to be deleted and should not be deleted.

Use pear upgrade -f pear to force an upgrade bearing in mind that you will not and must not delete those bat files but your pear installation should then be upgraded.

This post will explain (not too clearly, however) about not deleting the .bat files and please don't follow the REM advice by the other posters or you might encounter more issues than you bargained for.
http://community.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopi ... 1752#61752

Some handy commands are:
pear or pear.bat - will give a list of commands
pear help upgrade - will give you help and command options info for the upgrade command.
pear help <command> - will give help on any command you replace <command> with.
Izzy

Postby drmeg » 06. December 2006 18:10

Izzy -

Thank you for your quick reply. It worked, but I also had to use --ignore-errors. This was the full command I used:

pear upgrade -f --ignore-errors --alldeps pear

It reported errors, but completed the required upgrade.
Thanks again for your help!

drmeg
drmeg

Return to XAMPP for Windows