Character set '#48' is not a compiled character set

Problems with the Windows version of XAMPP, questions, comments, and anything related.

Character set '#48' is not a compiled character set

Postby SmokyBarnable » 12. November 2006 23:33

I installed xampp so i could test my oscommerce site on my computer. I almost have everything set up but when I attempt to access the admin portion of my site I get a 500 server error. I checked my error log and it states this:

Character set '#48' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the 'c:\mysql\share\charsets\Index'

I notice this path seems wrong as I think the mysql folder is in the xampp directory however I don't see how to change it. I researched and found it may have something to do with the my.ini file but i don't have that file anywhere?

I also think this has something to do with a password file because the error occurs when I try to login to the admin portion of my oscommerce site.

Thanks for any help.
SmokyBarnable

Re: Character set '#48' is not a compiled character set

Postby Izzy » 12. November 2006 23:43

SmokyBarnable wrote:I installed xampp so i could test my oscommerce site on my computer. I almost have everything set up but when I attempt to access the admin portion of my site I get a 500 server error. I checked my error log and it states this:

Character set '#48' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the 'c:\mysql\share\charsets\Index'

I notice this path seems wrong as I think the mysql folder is in the xampp directory however I don't see how to change it. I researched and found it may have something to do with the my.ini file but i don't have that file anywhere?

I also think this has something to do with a password file because the error occurs when I try to login to the admin portion of my oscommerce site.

Thanks for any help.

Do you have another instance of MySQL on your system?
Izzy

Postby SmokyBarnable » 13. November 2006 10:27

Only one instance of mysql. I don't understand where the error log is getting that incorrect path.
SmokyBarnable

Postby SmokyBarnable » 13. November 2006 10:46

nevermind ....I just noticed another .htaccess file I need to delete in my oscommerce admin directory. That is where it was getting that path.

:oops:
SmokyBarnable

Return to XAMPP for Windows